cross
Grace Lutheran Church banner
home button
about grace button
worship button
members button
resources button
contact us button
links button
blank

History of Grace

In 1945 a group of loyal Lutherans in McDade, Texas, under the leadership of Rev. A. F. Michalk of Fedor, began preaching services in the Methodist church of McDade because of the many Lutheran soldier sons of our Church in the nearby Camp Swift installation. After that period our people loyally returned to their Fedor church.

In 1951 Rev. L. Karcher resumed the services in McDade in the Lutheran Church there, and during this year the congregation was organized. The Missouri Synod, Texas District graciously helped by employing a student summer worker in the person of Rev. Robert Studtmann to preach there and to conduct a Christian school.

In 1956, under the leadership of Rev. G. Naumann, the congregation resolved to move to Elgin, and conducted services and Sunday School in the Seventh Day Adventist church. The desire for their own church facilities became stronger and in November of 1965, the resolution was made with much prayer and in faith; to build their own church on 11th Street at Highway 290. The church is a member of the Texas District, Missouri Synod.

There have been several additions and renovations to the church since its inception. The latest renovation was the construction of the new sanctaury which was completed in June, 2002 and dedicated on June 30, 2002.

 


Home | About Grace | Worship | Members | Resources | Contact Us | Links

© 2001-2017 Grace Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.